|Document Title||Exchange of Information with Turkey|
|Document Date||1 February 1946|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration, Foreign Policy and International Relations|
|Document Type||Reports, Correspondence|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
|People||Harold Caccia, Thomas Elmhirst, Edmund Rushbrooke, Orme Sargent|
information sharing, intelligence channels, troop movements, Anglo-Turkish relations, Turkish intelligence services, foreign policy, diplomacy, security, secrecy, classified documents, leakage of information, inter-services cooperation, military intelligence, military dispositions, Soviet army, Soviet-occupied Europe
1. Visit by the Chairman, Joint Intelligence Committee, Far East, to Melbourne; 2. Intelligence on Malaya; 3. Loss of Classified Documents; 4.; 5. Meeting with the Chiefs of Staff; 6. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 7. Russian Knowledge of Western Union and N.A.T.C Plans
1. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 2. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Likelihood of the Soviet Union Negotiating a German Peace Treaty; 4. The Effect on Israel of the Association of Egypt with the Middle East Command; 5. Review of Assessments Made since January 1947. By the J.I.C. On Communists Intentions; 6. Review of the Middle East and North Africa; 7. Possible Extension of the War in the Far East; 8. Intelligence from Sweden on the Soviet Union; 9. Visit of Director General, Security Service, to New Zealand; 10. Intelligence for N.A.T.O.; 11. S.H.A.P.E. Request for Intelligence on Soviet Air Defence Capabilities; 12.
1. Present State of Tension between India and Pakistan; 2. Situation on the Sino-Burmese Frontier; 3. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 4. Military and Economic Strength of the Soviet Union; 5. Chinese Communist Intentions in the Light of their Experiences during the First Ear of War in Korea; 6. Soviet Research and Development; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 8. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.
1. Exchange of Intelligence with Yugoslavia; 2. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 4. Recent Activity in the Western Sector of the Soviet Orbit; 5. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities in the Event of War in 1954 - Appreciation for Shape; 6. Vice Admiral E.W.L. Longley-Cook
1. Possible U.S. Policy in the Far East; 2. Defence Policy and Global Strategy; 3. Restrictions on the Activities of Brixmis; 4. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 5. The Film "Fall of Britain"; 6. Return of German Scientist from Russia; 7. German Reactions to Western and Soviet Policy; 8. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Area; 9. Survey of Turkey; 10. British Intelligence Organisation (Germany)-Personnel
1. Yugoslav Service Attache in London; 2. Meeting with the Joint Intelligence Staff; 3. Strategic Implications of a Break with the Chinese Government; 4. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 5. Work in Hand by the Joint Intelligence Staff; 6. Intelligence Division, C.C.G. - Report by Sir Philip Vickery; 7. Russian Knowledge of Western Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation Plans; 8. Threat to Yugoslavia; 9. Views of a German Ex-Staff Officer on Russia and Probable Russian Strategy
1. Western Union Security - Intelligence for the Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 2. Production of an Interservices Intelligence Manual; 3. Sub-Committee on Security; 4. Defence Discussion with Pakistan -Security; 5. Pakistan - Service Liaison Staff in the U.K; 6. Recall of Two Members of the Czech Embassy in London; 7. Requirements for Linguists in an Emergency
1. Potential Threat to the British Position in Egypt; 2.; 3. Soviet Research and Development; 4. Value of Intelligence Derived from Defectors; 5. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 7. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for Shape; 8. Indian and Pakistan Intentions over Kashmir