Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Central Intelligence Machinery: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee later Committee: Memoranda (JIC Series). Joint Intelligence Committee: Memoranda 31-64 > Situation in Korea
|Document Title||Situation in Korea|
|Document Date||29 June 1950|
|Themes||Military Intelligence and Operations|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Joint Intelligence Staff, Ministry of Defence, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
|Notes||This document was withdrawn in June 1950.|
1. Situation in South China; 2. The Likelihood and Probable Effects of a French Withdrawal from Part or the Whole of French Indo-china; 3. The Strategic Implications of a Communist Victory in Greece; 4. Middle East Quarterly Communist Survey; 5. Intelligence Requirements from United States Sources on China; 6. United Kingdom/united States Intelligence Meeting.
1. Chiefs of Staff Meeting with General Bradley; 2. Meeting with Mr. P. Mason; 3. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 4. Anti-Communist Activities in the Soviet Orbit in Europe; 5. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 6. Soviet Aircraft Production; 7. The Scale of Fifth Column Activity to Be Expected in the Event of War with the Soviet Union Between the Present Date and the End of 1952
1. Losses of Classified Documents; 2. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas - Preparation; 3. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 4. Warning of Soviet Attack; 5. Signing of J.I.C. Reports; 6. Meeting Chiefs of Staff - Directors of Intelligence
1. Military Action to End the Korean War; 2. Planning after the Opening Phase of a General War; 3. U.K. Representation on the Standing Group Security Coordinating Committee; 4. Joint Intelligence Map Room; 5. Foreign Attaches: Honorary Membership of Service Clubs; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 7. Warning of Soviet Attack
1. Meeting with Air Marshal Sir Thomas Elmhirst; 2. Political Activities in South East Asia with Special Reference to Communism; 3. Exchange of Information with India; 4. Implications of the Civil Wars in Burma and China; 5. Photographic Intelligence and Survey Requirements in Persial and Syria; 6. Intelligence Representative for Planning Team to Australia and New Zealand; 7. Situation in South China; 8. Disclosure of Anglo-American Information to Third Parties; 9. Chairman, J.S.I.C.
1. Meeting with H.M. Minister, Saigon; 2. Performance of MIG-15 Aircraft; 3. Implications of the Export of Axial Flow Jet Aircraft Engines; 4. Reviev of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 5. Information for H.Q. Northern Army Group; 6. Probable Soviet Strategy in the Event of General War 1953-1956
1. Chinese Nationalist Intentions; 2. Visit of the United States Director of Naval Intelligence to the United Kingdom; 3.; 4. Article on Intelligence in the 'Sunday Express' of 3rd June, 1951; 5. Meeting with Mr. Creswell; 6. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 8. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.
1. Decisive Action to End the Korean War; 2. Intelligence Estimates on Communist Air Effort in Manchuria/North Korea; 3. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 4. The Employment of the Soviet Armed Forces in Land Campaigns in the Event of General War 1952-55 - JIC(52)33(Rev.Dft); 5. The Effect on Hong Kong of the New U.S. Policy on Formosa; 6. Korea; 7. Joint Logistical Intelligence Staff
1. Signatures on Reports by the Committee; 2. Release of Information on Soviet Aircraft Developments to Western Union; 3. Tass Monitoring Station in the United Kingdom; 4. German Civil Photographic Reconnaissance Agencies; 5. Military and Air Attache, China; 6. Intelligence Liaison with the Americans in the Far East; 7. Situation Reports on Korea; 8. Soviet Manoeuvres in the Black Sea; 9. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 10. Soviet Preparedness for War; 11.; 12. Visit to the United States and Canada by the Director of Military Intelligence; 13. Factual Paper on Korea