|Document Title||Disclosure of Information on the Strengths of Armed Forces. Report|
|Document Date||31 October 1946|
|Themes||Military Intelligence and Operations|
|Regions||Africa, Atlantic, East Asia, Europe, Middle East, South Asia|
|Countries||Albania, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indochina, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Persia, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Siam, Turkey, Yugoslavia|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, United Nations|
|People||Thomas Elmhirst, William Hayter, Josef Stalin|
release of information, military intelligence, manpower, military strength, British army, secrecy, security, United States Army, Soviet army, military dispositions, diplomacy, publications, Anglo-Egyptian relations, communism, Greek Civil War, morale, public morale, occupied Austria, occupied Germany, Anglo-Indian relations, Arab world
1. Coordination of Intelligence in the Middle East; 2. Appointment of a Belgian as B.G.S. (Ops)B.A.O.R.; 3. Present State of Our Intelligence on the Soviet Union, the European Satellites and China and Measures to Improve It; 4. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Areas
1. Potential Threat to the British Position in Egypt; 2.; 3. Soviet Research and Development; 4. Value of Intelligence Derived from Defectors; 5. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 7. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for Shape; 8. Indian and Pakistan Intentions over Kashmir
1. Visit of Major General J.M. Kirkman; 2. Cuts in War Office Staff; 3. Soviet Air Defence System; 4. The Application of Operational Research to Intelligence; 5. Visit to the U.K. Of the Head of the Swedish Combined Intelligence Organisation; 6. Moscow Economic Conference; 7. Forward Planning; 8. Soviet Bombing Aids; 9. Proposed Release in Lisbon of a Statement on the T.C.C. Resolution; 10. "Swift" Aircraft - Press Leak; 11. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Areas; 12. Korean and Far Eastern Situation; 13. Report by the Ad Hoc Committee on South East Asia
1. Technical Aspects of Soviet Air Defence; 2. Russian Research and Development; 3. Joint Intelligence Map Room; 4. Russian Theory of War; 5. The Egyptian Situation; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas - Preparation; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 8. Soviet Intentions in Germany; 9. Soviet Intentions in the Far East in the Event of General War - 1953-56; 10. Soviet Strategic Intentions.
1. Visit of Chairman to J.I.C. Germany; 2. Review of Current Reports on the Likelihood of War and of Probable Strategy and Capabilities; 3. Forward Planning; 4. Intelligence from the Far East; 5. Future Developments in Korea; 6. Reducing the Enemy Threat to the U.K.; 7. Material Effects of the Bombing of the Yalu Dams; 8. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 9. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.
1. Mr. S.E.V. Luke; 2. The Employment of the Soviet Navy and Soviet air Forces in the Maritime Role at the Out-Break of General war up to the End of 1956; 3. MIG-15 Aircraft; 4. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 5. Future of British Intelligence Organisation (Germany); 6. Priorities in Defence Intelligence Requirements; 7. Charter for the J.I.C. (Germany); 8. Russian Postal Censhorship Reports; 9. Provision of Information for Eucom; 10. Intelligence for the Germans after Ratification of the Conn Convention; 11. Operational Planning by Cs-in-C. Germany '55-56; 12. B.I.O.(G) - Personnel; 13. Release of Information to the E.D.C.; 14. Report of the Tripartite Security Working Group 1951; 15. Next Visit of Major General Kirkman
1. Meeting with the Chiefs of Staff; 2. "Science for Peace"; 3. "Intelligence Digest-A Review of World Affairs; 4. Communist Sponsored Youth Festival in Sheffield; 5. Measures to Improve Our Intelligence; 6. Intelligence Guidance for the Standing Group - S.G. 176; 7. Meeting with the Directors of Plans; 8. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Areas; 9. Relations Between Service Attaches and N.A.T.O. Subordinate Commands