|Document Title||Intelligence Organisation in the Middle East Note by Sec. (D.C.(45) 4)|
|Document Date||29 May 1945|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Regions||Africa, Europe, Mediterranean, Middle East, South Asia|
|Countries||British Somaliland, Cyprus, Egypt, Ethiopia, French Somaliland, Greece, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine, Persia, Saudi Arabia, Somaliland, Sudan, Syria, Transjordan, Turkey, Yemen|
|Document Type||Memoranda, Reports|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Joint Intelligence Staff, Security Service|
British intelligence organisation, intelligence services responsibilities, intelligence channels, intelligence gathering, signals, espionage, security, accommodation, liaison, attachés, personnel, political intelligence, economic intelligence, topographical intelligence, military intelligence, recruitment, training, interpretation
1. Title of Intelligence Division, Germany; 2. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Training of Observers Proceeding to Communist Countries; 4. Permanent Committee on Geographical Names; 5. Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.) - Accommodation; 6. Organisation and Functions of the Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.); 7. Restrictions on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the United Kingdom; 8. Request from S.H.A.P.E. For Information on the Organisation of Intelligence Staffs in the Forces Assigned to S.A.C.E.U.R.; 9. Rumanian Military Attache, London
1. Meeting with the Joint Intelligence Staff; 2. Photographic Intelligence and Survey Requirements in the Middle East; 3. Scale and Nature of Initial Air Attack on the United Kingdom - 1957; 4. Intelligence Brief for the United Kingdom Delegation to the Five Power Military Committee; 5. Political Activities in South East Asia with Special Reference to Communism; 6. Russian Preparedness for War; 7. Visit of the Chairman to the Middle East and Far East; 8. Evidence of Certain Soviet Activities
1. Loss of B.W.(Defence) Committee Papers; 2. Release of Information on the U.K. Atomic Energy Programme; 3. Report on Implications of the Export of Axial Flow Jet Aircraft Engines; 4. U.K. Representation on the S.G.S.C.C.; 5. Compromised Documents; 6. Loss of Documents by the War Office; 7. Mapping Information for Persia; 8. Disclosure of Information to Egypt; 9. Honorary Membership of Service Clubs; 10. Request for the Supply of Ordnance Maps.
1. Economy in Manpower and Expenditure of of Foreign Currency in Connection with Service Attaches; 2. Organisation of a Central Index of Linguists; 3. Classification of Information Consequent Upon the United States Directive Regarding the Release of Military Information to the Commonwealth; 4. Review of Intelligence Organisation - Middle East; 5.
1. Security of Economic and Industrial Information about the United Kingdom; 2. Production of an Interservices Intelligence Manual; 3. Hong Kong -Intelligence for the Commissioner General; 4. Intelligence for Exercise Trident; 5. Joint Intelligence Committee (Far East) - Security; 6. Foreign Air Attaches - Monthly Visits; 7. Attaches - Exchange of Service Histories; 8. Deserter from the Russian Navy; 9. Visit of an Officer of the French Air Staff College to the Joint Services Staff College
1. N.A.T.O. Security Arrangements; 2. Middle East Arms Coordination Committee; 3. Organisation and Functions of the Joint Air Photographic Centre (U.K.); 4. World Wide Intelligence Organisation in Peace and War; 5. Restrictions on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the United Kingdom; 6. Probable Effects on the Supply of Intelligence of the Cessation of Present Communications Control Facilities; 7. German Scientists in Russia; 8. Liaison in Japan with U.S. And Japanese Authorities When the Japanese Peace Treaty Comes into Force; 9. Press Release on Super-Priority to Equipment Production
1. Requirements of Linguists on Mobilisation - Establishment of a Joint Services Language School; 2. Card Indexing of Foreign Personalities; 3. Issue of Defence Notices to the Press - Commonwealth Governments; 4. Issue of Defence Notices - "Y" Organisation; 5. Visit of an Officer of the French Air Staff College to the Joint Services Staff College; 6. Naval Reporting Organisation in India; 7. Joint Intelligence Staff; 8. Production of an Inter Services Intelligence Manual
1. Operation "Mincemeat"; 2. The Vulnerability of the United Kingdom to a Knock-Out Blow by the Soviet Union; 3. Professor Pontecorvo; 4. Scientific and Technical Intelligence Branch, Germany; 5. Air Survey in Indo-China; 6. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - 1950/54; 7. Attendance at Social Functions by Service Attaches in Sweden; 8. Soviet Preparedness for War; 9. Scale and Nature of Initial Air Attack on the United Kingdom; 10. Present State of Intelligence and Measures to Improve It