War Cabinet. Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee. Memoranda. July - November 1940. Papers Numbers. JIC 195-394. Volume VIII > Daily Secret Situation Reports. Note by Secy.
|Document Title||Daily Secret Situation Reports. Note by Secy.|
|Document Date||29 July 1940|
|Conflicts||Second World War|
|Themes||Military Intelligence and Operations, Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
1. U.K./U.S. Intelligence Cooperation; 2. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 3. Location of Future British Forces Security Unit; 4. Move of the J.I.B.(G) to H.Q.N.A.G.; 5. Future Liaison with the German Authorities; 6. The Naumann Case; 7. Censorship in Germany; 8. Security of the German Federal Government; 9.; 10. B.I.O.(G) - Personnel; 11. Tripartite Intelligence Sub-Committee in Berlin; 12. Intelligence in Hongkong - Mr. Machell-Cox; 13. Mr. W. Hayter; 14. Meetings of the J.I.C. Over the Whitsun, Coronation and Trooping the Colour Periods
1. Signatures on Reports by the Committee; 2. Release of Information on Soviet Aircraft Developments to Western Union; 3. Tass Monitoring Station in the United Kingdom; 4. German Civil Photographic Reconnaissance Agencies; 5. Military and Air Attache, China; 6. Intelligence Liaison with the Americans in the Far East; 7. Situation Reports on Korea; 8. Soviet Manoeuvres in the Black Sea; 9. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 10. Soviet Preparedness for War; 11.; 12. Visit to the United States and Canada by the Director of Military Intelligence; 13. Factual Paper on Korea
1. Meetings of the J.I.C.; 2. The Egyptian Situation; 3. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 4. Meeting of the Chiefs of Staff with the Directors of Intelligence on 27th May, 1953; 5. Revision of S.G.161/3; 6. Soviet Strategic Intentions; 7. Military Talks with Yugoslavia
1. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 2. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 3. Chiefs of Staff Meeting with Lord Tedder; 4. Atomic Energy and Guided Weapons Programmes-Downgrading of Top Secret Documents; 5. Visit of D.N.I. to Rome; 6. Review of the State of Our Intelligence and Measures Recommended to Improve It; 7. Port Energency Planning; 8. Exchange of Intelligence with India and Pakistan; 9. Tripartite Military Staff Talks on the Defence of South-East Asia; 10. Requests by Yugoslavia for Special Equipment; 11. Short Term Effects of Air Attack Against Supply Bases and Communications in Manchuria
1. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 2. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Probable Soviet Capabilities and Strategy in the Event of Total War in 1952; 4. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 5. Intelligence Division, Germany; 6. Basic Intelligence Appreciation for Dutch and Belgian Units in Northern Army; 7. Chinese Communist Intentions in the Light of Their Experience During the First Yeat of War in Korea; 8. Major R.D.Wilson
1. Circulation of J.I.C. Papers; 2. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information from Germany; 3. Honary Membership of the Royal United Services Institution for Foreign Attaches; 4. Intelligence Exploitation - Professor Steinmann; 5. China - Military Situation; 6. Review of J.I.C. Organisation and Procedure - Secretariat; 7. Instructions for British Officers in the Employment of the Governments of India and Pakistan; 8. Illegal Jewish Immigrants from Pan York and Pan Crescent; 9.
1. Director, H.C.H.Q.; 2. Intelligence from Japan; 3. Threat to Hong Kong; 4. Likelihood of the Soviet Union Initiating a German Peace Treaty; 5. The Effect on Israel of the Association of Egypt with Middle East Command; 6. World Wide Intelligence Organisation in War; 7.; 8. Future Developments in the Middle East; 9. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 10. Joint Intelligence Committee Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 11. N.A.T.O. National Intelligence Staffs Conference; 12. Intelligence for N.A.T.O.; 13. Intelligence for N.A.T.O. - Lecture at N.A.T.O Defence College; 14. Intelligence from Korea