War Cabinet, Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, later Committee: Secretariat: Minutes (JIC(SEC)). Secretariat Minutes (1952) 2004-2467 > Intelligence Organisation Required During Times of Crisis
|Document Title||Intelligence Organisation Required During Times of Crisis|
|Document Date||30 September 1952|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Regions||East Asia, Middle East|
|Countries||China, Indochina, Indonesia, Malaya|
|Organisations||Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Ministry of Defence, Joint Intelligence Committee (Far East), Joint Intelligence Committee (Middle East), Joint Planning Staff, Local Intelligence Committee, Secret Intelligence Service, Security Service|
|People||John Gardiner, Patrick Reilly, Percy Sillitoe, John Sinclair|
1. Security of H.M. Missions behind the Iron Curtain; 2. Intelligence Organisation Required During Times of Crisis; 3. Establishment within NATO of a Technical Intelligence Organisation; 4. Entry Visas to Foreign Nationals; 5. Granting of Visas to Foreign Nationals; 6. Tripartite Security Working Group; 7. American Security Film; 8. Appointment of a Russian Speaking Technical Assistant to the Military Attache, Moscow.
1. Action to Be Taken in the Event of Forced Landing by Aircraft in Certain Territory; 2. Peace-Time Instruction in the Use of Codes for Prisoner of War Purposes; 3. Supply of Equipment to the Austrian Posts and Telegraphs Department; 4. Release of Captured German Documents to the Germans; 5. Release of Classified Military Information to Sweden; 6. Intelligence for Channel Command and Saclant; 7. Documents Research Section, Germany; 8. Intelligence Organisation Required during times of Crisis in the Middle East
1. Intelligence Organisation Required During Times of Crisis in the Middle East; 2. Release of Cosmic Material to Germany; 3. Carrying of Arms by British Soldiers on French Territory; 4. Location of the Security Coordinating Cttee; 5. Delegation of Responsibility to the Commander-In-Chief, B.A.O.R; 6. Issue of Driving Licences to Members of her Majesty's Legation at Bucharest.
1. Release of Information to the Press; 2. Disclosure of Information on the Strength and Dispositions of the Armed Forces; 3. Security Gradings; 4. Visit of General Sir Clive Liddel to the Middle East; 5. Allied Civil Security and Counter Espionage Planning Organisation Required in Peace for Revised N.A.T.O. Structure; 6. Chairmanship of Sub-Committees; 7. Request from Pakistan for J.S.S.C. Syllabus; 8. Request from India for Certain Maps; 9. Publicity Regarding the Call-Up of 'Z' Reservists
1. Security Checks Within the Cosmic System - Access to Cypher Offices; 2. Security of Meteorological Information in War; 3. C.I. Organisation in War; 4. Information Required by Permanent Committee on Geographical Names; 5. Breaches of Security Concerning Classified Documents; 6. Certain Lectures; 7. World Meeting of Dockers in Warsaw; 8. Security in a Certain Country; 9. Colonel Harding-Newman
1. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 2. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Probable Soviet Capabilities and Strategy in the Event of Total War in 1952; 4. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 5. Intelligence Division, Germany; 6. Basic Intelligence Appreciation for Dutch and Belgian Units in Northern Army; 7. Chinese Communist Intentions in the Light of Their Experience During the First Yeat of War in Korea; 8. Major R.D.Wilson
1. Military and Economic Strength of the Soviet Union; 2. Review of the State of Our Intelligence and Measures Recommended to Improve It; 3. Future of Intelligence Division - Germany; 4. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 5. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 6. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 7. Meetings During the Whitsun Period
1. TASS Agency Radio Monitoring Station; 2. Moscow Publication "News"; 3. Potential Threat to the British Position in Egypt; 4. Chinese Communist Intentions in the Light of their Experiences during the First Year of War in Korea; 5. Intelligence for Planning Purposes; 6. Review on the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 7. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.