War Cabinet, Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, later Committee: Secretariat: Minutes (JIC(SEC)). Secretariat Minutes (1947) 9-483 > Collection of Scientific Intelligence - Proposed Order of Battle
|Document Title||Collection of Scientific Intelligence - Proposed Order of Battle|
|Document Date||8 February 1947|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Document Type||Memoranda, Reports|
|Organisations||Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Ministry of Defence|
|People||Paul Gleadell, William Hayter, Stewart Menzies, Percy Sillitoe|
1. Russian Preparedness for War; 2. Defence Aspects of Atomic Energy; 3. Reorganisation of Scientific Intelligence; 4. Deputy Chairman, Joint Scientific and Joint Technical Intelligence Committees; 5. Commonwealth Defence Policy - Security Considerations; 6. Charter for the Intelligence Division, Control Commission for Germany; 7. Intelligence Lecturers - Joint Services Staff College; 8. Intelligence Brief for the United Kingdom Delegation to the Military Committee
1. Plans for the Evacuation of Military Attaches in the Event of Hostilities; 2. Metric and Cosmic Security System - Progress in Government Departments; 3. Enemy Use of Radio Beacons in the U.K.; 4. Programme of Visits for Foreign Military Attaches in this Country; 5. Publicity Regarding the Call-Up of Class 'Z' Reservists; 6. "Intelligence Digest"; 7. Treatment of Spanish Attaches; 8. Employmnet of German Scientists; 9. Disclosure of Information to Germany; 10. Strategic Guidance for Standing Inter-Departmental Committee on Censorship; 11. Western European Commanders-in-Chief Committee Intelligence Units; 12. Intelligence Information from Germany in a Period of Tension; 13. Circulation of Brixmis Reports; 14. Mr. Douglas Hyde's Book - "I Believed"
1. Communist Threat in South-East Asia and the Far East; 2. Statement by Sir Percy Sillitoe; 3. Review of Work in Hand; 4. Monthly Meeting with the Joint Intelligence Staff; 5. Soviet Production of Atomic Weapons; 6. Threat to Yugoslavia; 7. Basic Intelligence for Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee and Regional Planning Groups; 8. Effect on the Countries of Western Europe of a Protracted Period of Soviet Occupation; 9. Russian Preparedness for War; 10. Meeting with Chairman, Canadian J.I.C; 11. Joint Intelligence Bureau, Ceylon; 12. Evacuation of German Scientists in an Emergency; 13. Proposal That Soviet Tankers Should Call at Kuweit
1. Strategic Guidance for Standing Inter-Departmental Committee on Cersorship; 2. Policy as to the Disposal of Communists in N.A.T.O. Forces; 3. Employment of Austrian Civilians in Military Headquarters; 4. Photographic Interpretation Courses; 5. Security in a Certain Country; 6. Security Classification for Contracts in Cyrenaica; 7. Release of Information to the Press; 8. Exchange of Greek and Turkish Intelligence; 9. Disposal of German Scientists and Technicians Recently Employed in the Soviet Union
1. Entry of Certain Foreign Nationals into the United Kingdom; 2. Intelligence Lectures for the Imperial Defence College; 3. Organisation of Intelligence in Germany; 4. Review of Intelligence Organisation - Future of Political Intelligence Centre, M.E.; 5. Information Contained in the Estimates for the Service Departments and the Ministry of Supply; 6. Intelligence Exploitation - Professor Steinmann
1. Security Gradings; 2. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 3. Disclosure of British Military Information to Foreign Countries; 4. Security Systems for the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation; 5. Attendance of Soviet Scientists at Conferences in the United Kingdom; 6. Downgrading of C.C.S. 983/1; 7. United Kingdom Road Transport Statistics Circulation to Economic Commission for Europe; 8. Soviet Mission in the Allied Zone of Germany.
1. Mobilisation Plans Which Are the Responsibility of the Joint Intelligence Committee; 2. Operation "Match Box"; 3. The Control of Scientific Research in Germany; 4. Russian Postal Censorship; 5. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategical and Operational Intelligence Plots; 6. Issue of Defence Notice - "Y" Organisation; 7. Civil Defence Intelligence Liaison; 8. Disclosure of British Military Information to China
1. Future Organisation of Intelligence Division Control Commission for Germany; 2. Hong Kong Intelligence Organisation; 3. Chairman, Joint Scientific Intelligence Committee; 4. Publicity on the Security of Certain Countries; 5. Intelligence Lectures at the Joint Services Staff College; 6. Summary of Indications Regarding Soviet Foreign Policy; 7. Russian Preparedness for War; 8. A Certain Intelligence Agency in Germany; 9. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information in Austria; 10. Information from a Certain Defector.