War Cabinet, Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, later Committee: Secretariat: Minutes (JIC(SEC)). Secretariat Minutes (1945) 937-1433 > C.I.O.S. Press Release
|Document Title||C.I.O.S. Press Release|
|Document Date||26 July 1945|
|Conflicts||Second World War|
|Themes||Intelligence Gathering and Surveillance|
|Countries||Germany, Third Reich|
|Document Type||Memoranda, Reports|
|Organisations||Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Ministry of Defence|
1. German Generals in British Hands; 2. Personnel for the Combined Services Detailed Interrogation Centre; 3. Information for the French; 4. Handling of Japanese Documents by S.H.A.E.F.; 5. Post-War Research Missions; 6. J.I.C. Reports for the British Pacific Fleet; 7. Present Allied Bombing Policy Against Enemy's Supply and Communications System in Italy; 8. Repercussions of the Situation on the Eastern Front on the German Forces in Italy; 9. Distribution of Optel Telegrams - Security and Distribution; 10. C.I.O.S. - U.S. Naval Technical Mission in Europe; 11. C.I.O.S. - Acting Chairman; 12. Future of C.I.O.S.; 13. C.I.O.S. - Representation of Control Commission (British Element and U.S. Group.); 14. Air Intelligence Targets - Areas Under Russian Control
1. Policy Governing Measures for Security of Military Information at End of Organised Resistance in Germany; 2. Publication of Clandestine Work Carried Out in Support of French Resistance; 3. Treatment of German Archives, Records and Documents; 4. Future Organisation of Intelligence; 5. Political Intelligence Report on Germany, France, Belgium and Holland; 6. Intelligence for Combined Operations in SEAC.; 7. Enemy Aliens Brought to U.K. in Connection with C.I.O.S. Operations; 8. C.I.O.S. - Exchange of Information with Russians
1. C.I.O.S. - Exchange of Information on German Weapon Development with U.S.S.R.; 2. C.I.O.S. - Release of Information to Industry; 3. Bombing of Berlin; 4. Intelligence Picture of Bombing of Germany; 5. German Generals in British Hands; 6. The Argentine - Assistance to Germany; 7. Sir Henry Tizard's Enquiry into the Future Development of Weapons of War; 8. I.S.T.D. - S.E.A.C.
1. C.I.O.S. - Release of Information; 2. Future of Inter Service Security Board; 3. Carrier Pigeons in War; 4. Adequacy of Pre-War Intelligence; 5. German Documents Location Registry; 6. Exploitation of German Science & Industry in the Interest of Intelligence & Research; 7. Staff Officer for Intelligence Division - SEAC.; 8. German Photographic Cover - Europe; 9. Field Intelligence Agency, Technical; 10. Publication of Service Statistics; 11. Use of Special Intelligence by Official Historians; 12. Political Intelligence Report - SHAEF.
1. Beach Reconnaissance Teams - Middle East; 2. Security in French Indo-china; 3. Request by India for Information on Combined Operations; 4. Soviet Missions in the Allied Zone of Germany; 5. Disclosure of Information to Western Union on the Policy Regarding the Introduction of G.A.P. As Replacements for a.A. Guns; 6. Establishment of a Five Power Military Security Committee; 7. Functions of the Documents Research Section Germany.
1. Downgrading of Combined Records; 2. Personnel for Translation of Captured Enemy Documents; 3. Service Liaison Officers - Batavia and Saigon; 4. Security of Secret Munitions, Technical Libraries and Records. 5. Strategical Deception in the War Against Germany and Italy; 6. Additional Circulation for Certain J.I.C. Reports
1. Release of Information from Captured German Documents; 2. Publication of War Despatches and Operational Reports; 3. Society of British Aircraft Constructors' Annual Exhibition; 4. Mobilisation Plans Which Are the Responsibility of the Joint Intelligence Committee: Requirements for an Inter-Service Security Board; 5. Escape, Evasion and Rescue Organisation; 6. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 7. Request for Radar Equipment Made by Czechoslovak Military Attache, Berne; 8. Russian Invitations to Deputy Chief Naval Representative in the Ministry of Supply