Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Central Intelligence Machinery: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee Later Committee: Minutes (JIC Series). Joint Intelligence Committee. Meetings 1-70 > 1. Report on Russian Research and Development; 2. Operation "Post Report"; 3. Glossary of Basic Terms Frequently Used in Strategic Studies
|Document Title||1. Report on Russian Research and Development; 2. Operation "Post Report"; 3. Glossary of Basic Terms Frequently Used in Strategic Studies|
|Document Date||6 February 1952|
|Themes||Intelligence Gathering and Surveillance, Intelligence Operations, Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Document Type||Meeting Minutes|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Bureau, Joint Intelligence Staff, Ministry of Defence, Security Service, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
|People||John Gardiner, Guy Liddell, Stewart Menzies, Eric Searight, Percy Sillitoe|
1. Arrival of MIG-15 Aircraft in Yugoslavia; 2. Technical Intelligence; 3. Leakages to the Press; 4. Planning Assumptions for the Later Stages of a General War; 5. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 6. Future of the British Intelligence Organisation, Germany
1. Possibility of War between India and Pakistan; 2. Intelligence for Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 3. Chairman, Joint Scientific and Joint Technical Intelligence Committees; 4. Russian Preparedness for War; 5. Scale and Nature of Initial Air Attack on the British Isles; 6. Yugoslavia; 7. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 8. Intelligence Division, Control Commission for Germany; 9. Disclosure of British Military Information to Commonwealth and Western Union Countries; 10. Procedure for Handling Certain Foreign Nationals
1. Estimate of Russian Atomic Weapon Programme; 2. Meeting with the Joint Intelligence Staff; 3. Evidence of Certain Soviet Activities; 4. Intelligence for the Western Union Organisation; 5. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities; 6. Scale and Nature of Attack on Sea Communications; 7. Russian Preparedness for War; 8. Chairman, J.S.I.C.; 9. Chairman JS/JTIC; 10. Exchange of Views with the United States; 11. Visit of Chairman to Middle East and Far East
1. Situation in South China; 2. Comments on a Certain Plan for the Middle East; 3. Defence Research and Development Policy-intelligence on Russian Development; 4. Review of Intelligence Organisation in the Far East; 5. Intelligence Requirements from United States Sources in China; 6. United States Request for a Report by the Joint Intelligence Committee, Far East.
1. Situation in South China; 2. United States Intentions as Regards Formosa in the Event of War; 3. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information in Austria; 4. Traffic in Arms; 5. Present State of Progress in Biological Warfare in Foreign Countries; 6. Radio Counter Measures; 7. Defence Research and Development Policy - Intelligence on Russian Development.
1. Mobilisation Plans Which Are the Responsibility of the Joint Intelligence Committee; 2. Operation "Match Box"; 3. The Control of Scientific Research in Germany; 4. Russian Postal Censorship; 5. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategical and Operational Intelligence Plots; 6. Issue of Defence Notice - "Y" Organisation; 7. Civil Defence Intelligence Liaison; 8. Disclosure of British Military Information to China
1. Possible U.S. Policy in the Far East; 2. Defence Policy and Global Strategy; 3. Restrictions on the Activities of Brixmis; 4. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 5. The Film "Fall of Britain"; 6. Return of German Scientist from Russia; 7. German Reactions to Western and Soviet Policy; 8. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Area; 9. Survey of Turkey; 10. British Intelligence Organisation (Germany)-Personnel