|Document Title||1. Periodic Intelligence Summaries for the Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 2. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 3. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 4. Security of a Certain Subject; 5. The Control of Scientific Research in Germany; 6. Employment of Certain Firms on Secret Government Contracts; 7. Scandinavian Defence|
|Document Date||16 December 1948|
|Themes||Intelligence Gathering and Surveillance, Intelligence Organisation and Administration, Military Intelligence and Operations|
|Regions||Europe, North America|
|Countries||Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America|
|Document Type||Meeting Minutes|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Commonwealth Relations Office, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Bureau, Joint Intelligence Staff, Joint Planning Staff, Joint Staff Mission, Ministry of Defence, Security Service, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
|People||Roger Hollis, Stewart Menzies|
intelligence distribution, intelligence gathering, intelligence services responsibilities, intelligence requirements, British intelligence organisation, intelligence reports, classified documents, military intelligence, attachés, consular intelligence sources, diplomatic officials, diplomacy, security, secrecy, scientific research, scientific experts, technology, occupied Germany, engineers, personnel, secret government contracts, industry, weapons production, defence, allies, alliances, Norwegian armed forces, information sharing
1. Employment of Certain Firms on Secret Government Contracts; 2. Purchase of Czech Aircraft by South Africa; 3.; 4. Visas for Hungarian Service Attaches; 5. Visit to H.M. Dockyard, Plymouth, by Delegates to the Conference of "General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade"; 6. Possibility of Sabotage Against United States Air Force Bases in the United Kingdom; 7. Disposal of German Scientists and Technicians Recently Employed in the Soviet Union; 8. Terms of Reference - Standing Group Co-ordinating Committee; 9. Re-organisation of the Standing Group; 10. Security Points in Joint Planning Staff's Reports; 11.
1. Russian Preparedness for War; 2. Threat to the Falkland Islands from the Argentine; 3. Security in Certain Countries; 4. Requests from the United Kingdom Liaison Mission - Japan; 5. Review of Intelligence Organisations in the Middle East; 6. Information for U.K. Representatives in Scandinavia; 7. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 8. Guided Weapons - Combined Interservices Intelligence Study; 9. Reorganisation of Scientific Intelligence; 10. Business of the Committee; 11. China - Military Situation; 12. Major General Schreiber; 13. Intelligence Brief for U.K. Delegation on the Military Committee - Security Considerations; 14. Scandinavian Defence
1. Disclosure of Defence Information; 2. Scientific and Technical Intelligence Branch, Intelligence Division, Germany; 3. Publication of a Book on Evasion and Escape; 4. N.A.T.O. Service Attaches in the Soviet Union and Satellite Countries; 5. Disposal of German Scientists and Technicians Recently Employed in the Soviet Union; 6. Export of Radio Equipment to Austria
1. Possibility of War between India and Pakistan; 2. Intelligence for Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 3. Chairman, Joint Scientific and Joint Technical Intelligence Committees; 4. Russian Preparedness for War; 5. Scale and Nature of Initial Air Attack on the British Isles; 6. Yugoslavia; 7. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 8. Intelligence Division, Control Commission for Germany; 9. Disclosure of British Military Information to Commonwealth and Western Union Countries; 10. Procedure for Handling Certain Foreign Nationals
1. Organisation of the Joint Intelligence Staff; 2. Chairmen of J.I.C. Sub-Committees; 3. Russian Preparedness for War; 4. Hydrogen Peroxide Plants - Board of Trade. Brief for United Kingdom Bid for Plant from German Reparations; 5. Disclosure of Classified Information to Commonwealth Countries; 6. Periodic Intelligence Summaries for the Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 7. Scandinavian Defence; 8. Appointment of Directors of the Joint Counter Intelligence Bureau in Pakistan; 9. Possibility of Open War between India and Pakistan
1. Plans for the Evacuation of Military Attaches in the Event of Hostilities; 2. Metric and Cosmic Security System - Progress in Government Departments; 3. Enemy Use of Radio Beacons in the U.K.; 4. Programme of Visits for Foreign Military Attaches in this Country; 5. Publicity Regarding the Call-Up of Class 'Z' Reservists; 6. "Intelligence Digest"; 7. Treatment of Spanish Attaches; 8. Employmnet of German Scientists; 9. Disclosure of Information to Germany; 10. Strategic Guidance for Standing Inter-Departmental Committee on Censorship; 11. Western European Commanders-in-Chief Committee Intelligence Units; 12. Intelligence Information from Germany in a Period of Tension; 13. Circulation of Brixmis Reports; 14. Mr. Douglas Hyde's Book - "I Believed"
1. Loss of B.W.(Defence) Committee Papers; 2. Release of Information on the U.K. Atomic Energy Programme; 3. Report on Implications of the Export of Axial Flow Jet Aircraft Engines; 4. U.K. Representation on the S.G.S.C.C.; 5. Compromised Documents; 6. Loss of Documents by the War Office; 7. Mapping Information for Persia; 8. Disclosure of Information to Egypt; 9. Honorary Membership of Service Clubs; 10. Request for the Supply of Ordnance Maps.
1. Sierra Leone - Internal Security; 2. Digest of Strategy for British Governors; 3. United States - United Kingdom - Canada Standardisation Programme; 4. The Inter-allied Federation of Escaped Prisoners of War; 5. Russian and Satellite Missions in the British Zone of Germany; 6. Security of Economic and Industrial Information about the United Kingdom; 7. Request from Roumania for Information on Great Britain and the Commonwealth; 8. Security Arrangements for the Visit of the Chief of the Norwegian Defence Staff.
1. Release of Information to The E.D.C.; 2. Apparent Leakage to the U.K. GOVT. of Information about H.M. Govt's Intentions in a Certain Area; 3. Social Relations of Soviet Officials Abroad; 4. Japanese Consulate Representation in Hong Kong; 5. Travel Restrictions Imposed on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the U.K.; 6. Leakages of Information about Military Aviation; 7. Report of the Tripartite Security Working GRP; 8. Exchange of Intelligence With SIAM; 9. Times of Meetings; 10. Lt.-Col. J.K. Gardiner, R.M.