|Document Title||1. Production of Inter-Services Intelligence Manual; 2. Future of Political Intelligence Centre - Middle East; 3. Appointment of Service Liaison Officers - Batavia and Saigon; 4. Policy Regarding Fraternisation in Missions and Posts in Foreign Countries; 5. Forthcoming Visit of the Norwegian Minister of Defence|
|Document Date||16 May 1947|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration, Foreign Policy and International Relations|
|Regions||East Asia, Mediterranean, Middle East|
|Document Type||Meeting Minutes|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Foreign Office, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Joint Intelligence Committee (Far East), Joint Intelligence Committee (Middle East), Ministry of Defence, Security Service, South-East Asia Command|
|People||Paul Gleadell, William Hayter, Stewart Menzies, Percy Sillitoe|
|Notes||Sections of this document have been retained under Section 3(4) of the Public Records Act, 1958.|
British intelligence organisation, intelligence services responsibilities, intelligence requirements, intelligence reports, intelligence gathering, geographic intelligence, allies, information sharing, intelligence distribution, inter-services cooperation, Arab world, intelligence channels, security, liaison, personnel, consular intelligence sources, fraternisation, non-British agents, agents, attachés, politicians, diplomacy, diplomatic missions, diplomatic officials, defence, German U-boats, demolitions, naval bases
1. Requirements of Linguists on Mobilisation - Establishment of a Joint Services Language School; 2. Card Indexing of Foreign Personalities; 3. Issue of Defence Notices to the Press - Commonwealth Governments; 4. Issue of Defence Notices - "Y" Organisation; 5. Visit of an Officer of the French Air Staff College to the Joint Services Staff College; 6. Naval Reporting Organisation in India; 7. Joint Intelligence Staff; 8. Production of an Inter Services Intelligence Manual
1. Pakistan Service Liaison Staff in the United Kingdom; 2. Advantages Accruing to the Russians from Having Missions in the British Zone of Germany; 3. Permanent Joint Intelligence Staff - Far East; 4. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategical and Operational Intelligence Plots; 5. Production of an Interservices Intelligence Manual; 6. Communist Propaganda in the Services; 7. Deserter from the Russian Navy; 8. Requirements of Linguists on Mobilisation; 9. Collaboration between Satellite Countries
1. Employment of Certain Firms on Secret Government Contracts; 2. Purchase of Czech Aircraft by South Africa; 3.; 4. Visas for Hungarian Service Attaches; 5. Visit to H.M. Dockyard, Plymouth, by Delegates to the Conference of "General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade"; 6. Possibility of Sabotage Against United States Air Force Bases in the United Kingdom; 7. Disposal of German Scientists and Technicians Recently Employed in the Soviet Union; 8. Terms of Reference - Standing Group Co-ordinating Committee; 9. Re-organisation of the Standing Group; 10. Security Points in Joint Planning Staff's Reports; 11.
1. Loss of B.W.(Defence) Committee Papers; 2. Release of Information on the U.K. Atomic Energy Programme; 3. Report on Implications of the Export of Axial Flow Jet Aircraft Engines; 4. U.K. Representation on the S.G.S.C.C.; 5. Compromised Documents; 6. Loss of Documents by the War Office; 7. Mapping Information for Persia; 8. Disclosure of Information to Egypt; 9. Honorary Membership of Service Clubs; 10. Request for the Supply of Ordnance Maps.
1. Future Situation in Palestine; 2. Short Term Indications of Soviet Preparedness for War; 3. Charter for Joint Intelligence Committee, Far East; 4. Consultation between Joint Staffs; 5. Meeting Arrangements for the Week Ending 18th September, 1948; 6. Interrogation Centre in the British Zone of Germany; 7. Treatment of Satellite Service Attaches; 8. Exchange of Intelligence between British Zone of Germany and the French Occupation Zone; 9. Scale and Nature of Enemy Attack on Scandinavia - Discussions with the Norwegians; 10. Visit to London of the Head of the Central Intelligence Agency; 11. Russian Preparedness for War
1. Release of Information to The E.D.C.; 2. Apparent Leakage to the U.K. GOVT. of Information about H.M. Govt's Intentions in a Certain Area; 3. Social Relations of Soviet Officials Abroad; 4. Japanese Consulate Representation in Hong Kong; 5. Travel Restrictions Imposed on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the U.K.; 6. Leakages of Information about Military Aviation; 7. Report of the Tripartite Security Working GRP; 8. Exchange of Intelligence With SIAM; 9. Times of Meetings; 10. Lt.-Col. J.K. Gardiner, R.M.
1. Russian Preparedness for War; 2. Threat to the Falkland Islands from the Argentine; 3. Security in Certain Countries; 4. Requests from the United Kingdom Liaison Mission - Japan; 5. Review of Intelligence Organisations in the Middle East; 6. Information for U.K. Representatives in Scandinavia; 7. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 8. Guided Weapons - Combined Interservices Intelligence Study; 9. Reorganisation of Scientific Intelligence; 10. Business of the Committee; 11. China - Military Situation; 12. Major General Schreiber; 13. Intelligence Brief for U.K. Delegation on the Military Committee - Security Considerations; 14. Scandinavian Defence
1. Title of Intelligence Division, Germany; 2. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Training of Observers Proceeding to Communist Countries; 4. Permanent Committee on Geographical Names; 5. Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.) - Accommodation; 6. Organisation and Functions of the Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.); 7. Restrictions on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the United Kingdom; 8. Request from S.H.A.P.E. For Information on the Organisation of Intelligence Staffs in the Forces Assigned to S.A.C.E.U.R.; 9. Rumanian Military Attache, London
1. Security of Economic and Industrial Information about the United Kingdom; 2. Production of an Interservices Intelligence Manual; 3. Hong Kong -Intelligence for the Commissioner General; 4. Intelligence for Exercise Trident; 5. Joint Intelligence Committee (Far East) - Security; 6. Foreign Air Attaches - Monthly Visits; 7. Attaches - Exchange of Service Histories; 8. Deserter from the Russian Navy; 9. Visit of an Officer of the French Air Staff College to the Joint Services Staff College