Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Central Intelligence Machinery: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee Later Committee: Memoranda (JIC Series). Joint Intelligence Committee: Memoranda 1-79 > The Employment of the Soviet Armed Forces in Land Campaigns in the Event of General War 1952–1955
|Document Title||The Employment of the Soviet Armed Forces in Land Campaigns in the Event of General War 1952–1955|
|Document Date||23 May 1952|
|Themes||Military Intelligence and Operations|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Joint Intelligence Staff, Ministry of Defence, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
|Notes||The report requested in this document was issued as JIC(53)37.|
1. Soviet Strategy in the Event of General War 1952/1955; 2. Communist Intentions and Capabilities in South East Asia and the Far East; 3. Visit of the Director of Naval Intelligence to the Middle East; 4. Standing Group Intelligence Appreciation: S. G. 176; 5. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and Other Sensitive Areas
1. Invasion of the United Kingdom; 2. Scale and Nature of Air Attack on the United Kingdom 1951-1954; 3. Chinese Communist Intentions in the Light of Operations in Korea; 4. Review of the Situation round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 5. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 6.; 7. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.
1. Signatures on Reports by the Committee; 2. Release of Information on Soviet Aircraft Developments to Western Union; 3. Tass Monitoring Station in the United Kingdom; 4. German Civil Photographic Reconnaissance Agencies; 5. Military and Air Attache, China; 6. Intelligence Liaison with the Americans in the Far East; 7. Situation Reports on Korea; 8. Soviet Manoeuvres in the Black Sea; 9. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 10. Soviet Preparedness for War; 11.; 12. Visit to the United States and Canada by the Director of Military Intelligence; 13. Factual Paper on Korea
1. Exchange of Information with Yugoslavia; 2. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Military Implications of the Entry of British Forces into Persian Territory; 4. Invasion of Te United Kingdom, 1951-1952; 5. Liaison Between United States and United Kingdom Intelligence Organisations; 6. Study by the E.M.M.O. Regional Planning Group of the Association of Turkey and Greece with N.A.T.O. Military Planning; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 8. Information on Formosa; 9. Acquisition of Merchant Shipping by Soviet and Satellite Countries; 10. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.
1. Visit by the Chairman, Joint Intelligence Committee, Far East, to Melbourne; 2. Threat to Yugoslavia; 3. Intelligence Data for Use in Preparation of a Report on Military Assistance to Yugoslavia under Emergency Conditions; 4. Reports by the United States Joint Intelligence Committee; 5. Intentions in Berlin; 6. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation
1. Technical Aspects of Soviet Air Defence; 2. Russian Research and Development; 3. Joint Intelligence Map Room; 4. Russian Theory of War; 5. The Egyptian Situation; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas - Preparation; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 8. Soviet Intentions in Germany; 9. Soviet Intentions in the Far East in the Event of General War - 1953-56; 10. Soviet Strategic Intentions.