Chiefs of Staff. Joint Intelligence Committee. Memoranda. Oct. - Dec. 1948. Papers No. J.I.C. 108-138. Vol. XLIX > Defence Research Aid Development Policy - Intelligence on Russian Development. (Final Report Issued as J.I.C. (49) 67)
|Document Title||Defence Research Aid Development Policy - Intelligence on Russian Development. (Final Report Issued as J.I.C. (49) 67)|
|Document Date||16 November 1948|
|Themes||Weapons Technology and Nuclear Warfare|
|Countries||United States of America|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Ministry of Defence, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
1. Meeting with Mr. C. Peake - H.M. Ambassador at Belgrade; 2.; 3. Revised Charter for the Joint Intelligence Bureau; 4. Summary of the Principal External Factors Affecting Commonwealth Security; 5. Admission of Foreign Engineers to British Factories; 6. Review of Fundamental Arguments Regarding Certain Interests, Intentions and Capabilities. J.I.C.(47) 59 (0) (T. of R.)
1. Secretary's Minute J.I.C./1293/47; 2. International Brigades; 3. Assistance to J.I.C.s Abroad; 4. Forecast of the World Situation 1956/60. Estimate of Military Capabilities of the United Kingdom, British Commonwealth and the United States; 5. Review of the Intelligence Organisation in the Middle East - J.I.C.(47) 35 Final; 6. Scandinavia - Common Defence Policy; 7. British Military Mission to the Soviet Zone of Germany - (Brixmis)
1. Situation in South China; 2. United States Intentions as Regards Formosa in the Event of War; 3. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information in Austria; 4. Traffic in Arms; 5. Present State of Progress in Biological Warfare in Foreign Countries; 6. Radio Counter Measures; 7. Defence Research and Development Policy - Intelligence on Russian Development.
1. Losses of Classified Documents; 2. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas - Preparation; 3. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 4. Warning of Soviet Attack; 5. Signing of J.I.C. Reports; 6. Meeting Chiefs of Staff - Directors of Intelligence
1. Requirement of a Weekly Meeting of Heads of Middle East Sections; 2. Lectures to Students of the Imperial Defence College; 3. Vistts by the Director of Naval Intelligence and the Assitant Chief of Air Staff (Int:) to the United States; 4. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 5. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for S.H.A.P.E.; 6. Soviet and Satellite Defences; 7. Meeting with the Chairman, J.I.C. (Germany)
1. Technical Aspects of Soviet Air Defence; 2. Russian Research and Development; 3. Joint Intelligence Map Room; 4. Russian Theory of War; 5. The Egyptian Situation; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas - Preparation; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 8. Soviet Intentions in Germany; 9. Soviet Intentions in the Far East in the Event of General War - 1953-56; 10. Soviet Strategic Intentions.
1. Possibility of Russian Armed Action Against Yugoslavia; 2. The Implications of a Communist Success in China; 3. Scale and Nature of Attack on the United Kingdom by V.1 and V.2 Type Weapons - 1949/51; 4. Re-assessment of Russian Potential in the Field of Defence Research and Development; 5. Encouragement of Deserters.
1. Potential Threat to the British Position in Egypt; 2.; 3. Soviet Research and Development; 4. Value of Intelligence Derived from Defectors; 5. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 6. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 7. J.I.C. Weekly Intelligence Review (Europe) for Shape; 8. Indian and Pakistan Intentions over Kashmir
1. Co-Ordination of Intelligence - Far East; 2. Plan Bassington; 3. Exchange of Information on German Weapon Development with the U.S.S.R.; 4. Weekly Review by J.I.C., A.F.H.Q., On the Situation in the Balkans; 5. German Strategy in the West During the Next Two Months; 6. Leakage to Japan of Information Provided by Chinese Service Attaches; 7. C.I.O.S. - Release of Information to Industry; 8. Air Intelligence Targets in Areas Under Russian Control; 9. The Speer Ministry of Armaments and War Production; 10. Deputy Chairman, Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee