Ministry of Defence and Cabinet Office: Central Intelligence Machinery: Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee: Memoranda (JIC Series). Joint Intelligence Committee: Memoranda 45-107 > Sub-Committee on Security - Charter and Terms of Reference. Note by the Secretary
|Document Title||Sub-Committee on Security - Charter and Terms of Reference. Note by the Secretary|
|Document Date||24 September 1948|
|Themes||Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Document Type||Reports, Memoranda|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Ministry of Defence, Security Service, Security Sub-Committee, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee|
1. N.A.T.O./Cosmic Security Procedure; 2. Operation Mincemeat; 3. Prohibition of the Flight of Czech Aircraft Across Germany; 4. Developments in the German Security Organisations Both at Federal and Lander Level; 5. Security Vetting of Foreigners Attending Training Courses in the United Kingdom; 6. Association of the Turkish and Greek Governments with the Military Planning of N.A.T.O; 7. Press Leakages; 8. Exchange of Information with Spain; 9. Security in a Certain Country
1. Title of Intelligence Division, Germany; 2. Intelligence for S.H.A.P.E.; 3. Training of Observers Proceeding to Communist Countries; 4. Permanent Committee on Geographical Names; 5. Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.) - Accommodation; 6. Organisation and Functions of the Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Centre (U.K.); 7. Restrictions on Soviet and Satellite Missions in the United Kingdom; 8. Request from S.H.A.P.E. For Information on the Organisation of Intelligence Staffs in the Forces Assigned to S.A.C.E.U.R.; 9. Rumanian Military Attache, London
1. Security Gradings; 2. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 3. Disclosure of British Military Information to Foreign Countries; 4. Security Systems for the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation; 5. Attendance of Soviet Scientists at Conferences in the United Kingdom; 6. Downgrading of C.C.S. 983/1; 7. United Kingdom Road Transport Statistics Circulation to Economic Commission for Europe; 8. Soviet Mission in the Allied Zone of Germany.
1. Information on Maintenance Industries; 2. List of Points Raised by Admiralty; (a) Arrangements for Checking Toporgraphical Intelligence After Hostilities have Ceased. (b) Admiralty Handbooks on Foreign Fishing Fleets. (c) Germany - Information About the "Black Teichswehr" for the Post Hostilities Planning Sub-Committee
1. Mr. S.E.V. Luke; 2. The Employment of the Soviet Navy and Soviet air Forces in the Maritime Role at the Out-Break of General war up to the End of 1956; 3. MIG-15 Aircraft; 4. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas; 5. Future of British Intelligence Organisation (Germany); 6. Priorities in Defence Intelligence Requirements; 7. Charter for the J.I.C. (Germany); 8. Russian Postal Censhorship Reports; 9. Provision of Information for Eucom; 10. Intelligence for the Germans after Ratification of the Conn Convention; 11. Operational Planning by Cs-in-C. Germany '55-56; 12. B.I.O.(G) - Personnel; 13. Release of Information to the E.D.C.; 14. Report of the Tripartite Security Working Group 1951; 15. Next Visit of Major General Kirkman
1. New Zealand - Joint Intelligence Organisation; 2. Intelligence for Pakistan; 3. Charter for Documents Research Section, Germany; 4. Interservice Intelligence Mobilisation Plans, Ear East; 5. Despatch of Government War Book to India and Pakistan; 6. Exercise Britannia - Security; 7. Paris Peace Conference; 8. Visit of a Party from the National Defence College of Canada to the Imperial Defence College; 9. Vetting of Staff of the Director-General of Ordnance Survey
1. Sierra Leone - Internal Security; 2. Digest of Strategy for British Governors; 3. United States - United Kingdom - Canada Standardisation Programme; 4. The Inter-allied Federation of Escaped Prisoners of War; 5. Russian and Satellite Missions in the British Zone of Germany; 6. Security of Economic and Industrial Information about the United Kingdom; 7. Request from Roumania for Information on Great Britain and the Commonwealth; 8. Security Arrangements for the Visit of the Chief of the Norwegian Defence Staff.