Chiefs of Staff. Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee. Memoranda. January - September 1947. Papers Numbers JIC. 1-50. Volume XLV > Panel of Scientific Advisers
|Document Title||Panel of Scientific Advisers|
|Document Date||6 March 1947|
|Themes||Weapons Technology and Nuclear Warfare, Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Ministry of Defence|
|People||William Hayter, Edward Parry, Lawrence Pendred, Gerald Templer|
scientific experts, scientific research, intelligence requirements, technology
1. Preparedness for War of a Certain Power; 2. The Collection of Scientific Intelligence-Proposed Organisation for An Order of Battle; 3. Panel of Scientific Advisers; 4. Lectures on Intelligence - Joint Services Staff College and Imperial Defence College; 5. United States Policy for the Release of Information to Other Nations
1. Russian Preparedness for War; 2. Defence Aspects of Atomic Energy; 3. Reorganisation of Scientific Intelligence; 4. Deputy Chairman, Joint Scientific and Joint Technical Intelligence Committees; 5. Commonwealth Defence Policy - Security Considerations; 6. Charter for the Intelligence Division, Control Commission for Germany; 7. Intelligence Lecturers - Joint Services Staff College; 8. Intelligence Brief for the United Kingdom Delegation to the Military Committee
1. Soviet Defence Expenditure; 2. Soviet Scientific Developments; 3. Disclosure of Information to Commonwealth Countries; 4. Chinese Nationalist Air Force; 5. Invasion of the United Kingdom; 6. The Society of British Aircraft Constructors - Farnborough Exhibition; 7. Threat to Yugoslavia; 8. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation
1. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities - Long Term Appreciation; 2. Atomic Weapons - Scale of Attack on the United Kingdom; 3. Press Leakage on Combined Agreement on Exchange of Information; 4. Defections from Staffs of His Majesty's Embassies and British Council Offices in the Soviet Union and Satellite Countries; 5. Joint Services Staff College - Information for Directing Staff; 6. Directorate of Scientific Intelligence; 7. Threat to Yugoslavia; 8. Easter Arrangements - 1950; 9. Sir George Seel
1. Periodic Intelligence Summaries for the Western Europe Commanders-in-Chief Committee; 2. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 3. Reciprocity Towards Russian Naval Attache and Staff; 4. Security of a Certain Subject; 5. The Control of Scientific Research in Germany; 6. Employment of Certain Firms on Secret Government Contracts; 7. Scandinavian Defence
1. Meeting with H.M. Ambassador, Belgrade; 2. Atomic Weapons; 3. Communist Influence in the African Continent; 4. Communist Influence in the Middle East; 5. The Use by Germans of Soviet Nationals Against Russia in the Late War; 6. Deserters and Defectors; 7. Military and Air Attache, China; 8. Activities of the Soviet Trade Delegation in the United Kingdom; 9. Location of Scientific and Technical Intelligence Organisation.
1. Future Organisation of Intelligence Division Control Commission for Germany; 2. Hong Kong Intelligence Organisation; 3. Chairman, Joint Scientific Intelligence Committee; 4. Publicity on the Security of Certain Countries; 5. Intelligence Lectures at the Joint Services Staff College; 6. Summary of Indications Regarding Soviet Foreign Policy; 7. Russian Preparedness for War; 8. A Certain Intelligence Agency in Germany; 9. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information in Austria; 10. Information from a Certain Defector.
1. Review of the Situation round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter; 2. Intelligence from Korea; 3. Scientific and Technical Intelligence in the United States and Canada; 4. Liaison Between United Kingdom and United States Intelligence Organisations; 5. Conference of Commonwealth Prime Ministers - Intelligence Background