Chiefs of Staff. Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee. Memoranda. January - September 1947. Papers Numbers JIC. 1-50. Volume XLV > Organisation of Soviet Intelligence Services. [Terms of Reference: Withdrawn]
|Document Title||Organisation of Soviet Intelligence Services. [Terms of Reference: Withdrawn]|
|Document Date||5 February 1947|
|Themes||Intelligence Operations, Intelligence Organisation and Administration|
|Organisations||Chiefs of Staff, Joint Intelligence Sub-Committee, Ministry of Defence|
Soviet agents, intelligence reports
1. Measures to Improve the State of Intelligence Available on Russian Intentions and Preparations for War. Line Crossers and Ex-prisoners of War; 2. The Implications of a Communist Success in China; 3. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities; 4. Encouragement of Deserters; 5. Return to the Soviet Union of a Certain Deserter.
1. Intelligence Brief for U.K. Delegation to the Five Power Military Committee; 2. Political Activities in South East Asia with Special Reference to Communism; 3. Soviet Interests and Intentions; 4. Policy and Procedure for Handling Defectors; 5. Activities of the Soviet Trade Delegation in the United Kingdom; 6. Estimated Russian Threat to Pakistan - 1949-57; 7. New Constitution for Western Germany; 8. Implications of the Civil War in China and Burma; 9. Priorities of Tasks for the Collection of Intelligence Information in Germany; 10. Chairman, J.S.I.C.
1. Monthly Meeting with the Joint Intelligence Staff; 2. The Threat to Hong Kong; 3. Intelligence on Hong Kong and China; 4. Communist Influence in the Far East; 5. Soviet Interests and Intentions; 6. Political Activities in South East Asia with Special Reference to Communism; 7. Activities of the Soviet Trade Delegation to the United Kingdom; 8. Russian Preparedness for War; 9. Disposal of the Walter Team of German Scientists; 10. Visit of the Chairman to the United States
1. The Organisation and Preparedness of the Soviet Army; 2. Russian Preparedness for War; 3. Short Term Indications of Soviet Preparedness for War; 4. Aggression in Germany; 5. Scale and Nature of Initial Air Attack on the British Isles; 6. Charter for the Intelligence Division-Control Commission for Germany; 7. Scientific and Technical Intelligence Branch - Germany; 8. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities; 9. Intelligence on the Soviet Army; 10. A Certain Report from the Middle East
1. Priority for the Preparation of J.I.C. Reports Involving the Nature and Scale of Attack by Enemy Forces; 2.; 3. Procedure for Preparation of J.I.C. (London) Reports Affecting the Middle East; 4. Review of Intelligence Organisation; 5. Development of Foreign Intelligence and Political Activity in the British Zone of Germany; 6. Admission of Certain Engineers to British Factories; 7. Future Situation in the Far East; 8. Amalgamation of Service Intelligence Summaries; 9. Air Survey of Turkey; 10. Access to Captured German Documents by Former German Officers
1. Release of Information from Captured German Documents; 2. Publication of War Despatches and Operational Reports; 3. Society of British Aircraft Constructors' Annual Exhibition; 4. Mobilisation Plans Which Are the Responsibility of the Joint Intelligence Committee: Requirements for an Inter-Service Security Board; 5. Escape, Evasion and Rescue Organisation; 6. Standardisation of Colour Systems for Strategic and Operational Intelligence Plots; 7. Request for Radar Equipment Made by Czechoslovak Military Attache, Berne; 8. Russian Invitations to Deputy Chief Naval Representative in the Ministry of Supply
1. Soviet and Satellite Defences; 2. German Intelligence Organisation; 3. Lectures to Students of the Imperial Defence College; 4. Security Arrangements in New Zealand; 5. Soviet Intentions and Capabilities in the Event of Total War; 6. The Present State of our Intelligence and Measures to Improve it; 7. Review of the Situation Round the Soviet and Satellite Perimeter and other Sensitive Areas
1. Co-Ordination of Certain Security Measures; 2. Information Given in the Estimates for the Service Ministries and Ministry of Supply; 3. Situation in Egypt; 4. Granting of Visas to Certain Foreign Nationals; 5. Intelligence Requirements in Austria; 6. Lectures to the Imperial Defence College; 7. B.I.O.S. Overall Surveys-Inclusion of Extract from a J.I.C. Report